Friday, May 3, 2013

Teachers

Trying to be a teacher is fun.  I like being a teacher.  However, the field is unstable.  Teachers come and go.  Things are always changing.  Your position isn't stable.  Or instructors have more than 1 job.  Why is it like this?

I invest so much money in my education, hoping that when I graduate, I don't have to worry about unemployment.  I'm working now so that when I graduate, I will get a full-time job, so that I don't have to worry about being unemployed.  Is the field so saturated that employees come and go while employers don't really care?

I notice that most teachers don't have benefits.  They are part-timers.  It's rare to see a full-time instructor.  People say that it's only CA.  If you go out of the states, then it's not like that.  

2 comments:

  1. Don't be so negative...I am sure we will all be full timers some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I hope so tesl 565.

    ReplyDelete