Saturday, May 25, 2013

Keeping up

Keeping up is what LA is all about?  My neighbor has a Benz.  I must get one too.  My neighbor added a room.  I'm going to extend my porch.  My friend has a Louis Vuitton bag.  I'm getting a Gucci one.  My sister is getting married.  I better too.  My classmates have a life.  I better pretend that I do too.  I have a decent job.  My phone never stop ringing.  She has a Ph.D.  What?  A Master, that's not good enough?...

Keeping up is what Angelinos do best, someone told me.  They are the most unhappy people in the world, even though they live in one of the most diverse place, has great weather, and has lots of great food.

3 comments:

  1. It is very difficult to comment and you do not know the person who wrote this. Anyway, I love what you've said here. It's shameful that we keep looking for what others have and forget what we own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the other hand, there are many stores and racks downtown where you can get all the designer labels a person could want at discount prices…. they may not be real, but who can really tell? Same goes for botox and other plastic surgery wonders. Me?, I'm happy. Probably because I eat a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The majority of people in LA do think this way. I think that's why in my case people dislike me or envy me. I do not care about what others have or are wearing and that bucks them. I have what they want, happiness. I m not one to brag but when you come at me thinking you are better than everyone lose I will make you feel like the filth you are.

    ReplyDelete